As I was reflecting this morning on the goodness of God and all the blessings he has given me throughout my life, I couldn’t help but think about how thankful I am for all the ways he has delivered me, healed me, and guided me in the area of sexuality.
- He’s given me freedom from my porn addiction.
- He’s guided me towards understanding who I am as a sexual being in a healthier way.
- He’s given me fantastic guy friends who have helped to heal and redefine my view of men.
- He’s given me great married couples to look to as positive examples of marriage.
- He’s given me wonderful friends with whom I can share openly and honestly about my struggles, desires, dreams, etc.
There are many more things I am thankful for that I could list, but I’ll leave you with this last one:
He has exchanged my ashes for beauty. He is bringing beauty from my pain.
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.
What are you thankful for?